Scientific activity of the faculty is aimed to develop fundamental and applied research, to satisfy the needs of modern society and production. Close connection of scientific research and educational process with production ensures a high quality training of specialists.
Research works raise five issues:
"Financial support of Kazakhstan economy and its competitiveness (regional aspect)", " Adaptation of innovative management and marketing concept and practice to the conditions of production and educational process", "Improving state regulation and competitiveness of national economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan", "Problems of criminal policy humanization in the Republic of Kazakhstan "," Legal regulation of conciliation procedures in the Republic of Kazakhstan ".
Student scientific society actively works at the faculty in order to promote creative and scientific potential of the youth. Also there 8 active science clubs: "Criminalist", "The LAW", "Civilist", "Modern financier", "Improvement of state and local administration in the RK "," Accounting reformation in the RK ", “Business Economics and Administration "," State management in the context of integration processes ".
Bachelor and Master Degree students of the faculty guided by the Doctor of Economic Sciences Professor Kaygorodtsev A. have placed over 200 works on the G-Global site of Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor Kaygorodtsev AA The G-Global International Project Implementation Center is functioning. PPP
The G-Global International Project Implementation Centre guided by Doctor of Economic Sciences Professor Kaygorodtsev A. is functioning on the basis of faculty. Teaching staff, Bachelor and Master’s Degree students of the faculty have placed over 200 works on the G-Global site.
Department of Economics and Management
Research work of the department is conducted on the topic: "Increasing competitiveness issues of the economic system in conditions of in Kazakhstan".
The research problems of institutional framework of competitiveness development, improvement of scientific tools for state regulation of economic systems in the conditions of Knowledge Economy formation in Kazakhstan are distinctive features of the fifth and sixth technological patterns and relevant to ensure entering of the RK into the list of 30 most competitive countries in the world.
The aim of the work is to study theoretical and methodological aspects of improving competitiveness and efficiency of national economy, the economy of regions and economic entities, developing recommendations for improving state regulation of economic systems development at republican, regional and local levels in the context of a knowledge-based economy in Kazakhstan.
The research topic involves all the areas of department activities and of teachers’ specializations in specific fields. All the teachers of department take part in implementing of this research work.
The teachers staff of the department organize and actively participate in scientific conferences, symposiums, seminars of regional, national and international levels.
The reports of teachers responsible for research sections are heard during the period of academic year, the achieved results and shortcomings are discussed. Reports on research are heard and approved at the department and faculty by the end of every year. The main results of scientific research are published annually in compilations, scientific periodicals, etc.
Teachers of the Department of Economics and Management carry out scientific management of student scientific activity. Students of the Department of Economics and Management take an active part in international, republican and interuniversity scientific events, get awarded by diplomas and thank-you letters.
In 2017 the third-year student of the specialty "State and Local Administration" Rashit Nazym was awarded by a I degree diploma for participation in the International Online Olympiad of economic specialties students "Innovative ideas and projects "EXPO-2017" held by JSC " Narhoz University", and she also was awarded by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan and obtained a III degree diploma for participation in the Republican competition for the best scientific work of students on natural, technical, socio-humanitarian and economic sciences.
Department of Finance and Accounting
Research work of the department is conducted on the topics: "Financial support of economics competitiveness (regional aspect)" and "Innovation activities of second-tier banks in the RK", which is included to the department topic "Financial support of economic competitiveness (regional aspect)". The teachers staff annually takes part in international, republican and regional scientific-practical conferences. The results of research works and student research works are being introduced into production.
Students of the department actively take part in student research work, conferences held by the EKSU and other universities, and in the work of student scientific society. Examining the issues of market economy, students offer solutions and publish their articles.
Department of Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure
Theme of scientific research: "Problems of criminal policy humanization in the Republic of Kazakhstan".
Department of Civil Law and Civil Procedure
The scientific and educational department of Civil Law and Civil Procedure is provides targeted training of highly professional specialists with professional knowledge and skills of institutional management, communicative skills, as well as the ability to conduct scientific research in the field of jurisprudence and ensure the use of knowledge in practice.
High scientific potential of the teachers, extensive theoretical and practical experience enable students to expand knowledge in the field of civil law, civil procedure, business law, land law, family law, inheritance law, banking law, legal professions and notary.
The research work of teaching staff at the department of civil law and civil procedure is carried out within the framework of general topic: "," Legal regulation of conciliation procedures in the Republic of Kazakhstan ". At the current stage, the teaching staff is engaged in research activities, namely, they participate in conferences, seminars, round tables of various levels, develop new training courses, write manuals, monographs, scientific articles, as well as in studies conducted under contracts with business entities. So, for today, the project "Development of alternative methods of dispute resolution through mediation" is being implemented within the framework of general topic of the research (2014-2016). The project team - Candidate of Law, associate professors - Sabitova A, Ramazanova A, Dyachuk M, senior lecturer - Saduakasova L.
The department maintains close contacts the leading universities of Kazakhstan, Russia and Germany for internship and exchange of scientific-pedagogical experience (ENU named after L.Gumilev, KazNU named after Al-Farabi, PFUR, Moscow State University, Tyumen State University, Tomsk State University, Novosibirsk State University, Altai State University, Cologne University). So, within the framework of scientific research and innovative methods teaching, the teachers staff annually participate internships to improve their qualification in foreign universities., The following teachers were trained in 2015-2016 academic year: Ph.D. Ramazanova A. - Universities of Germany (Düsseldorf), Ph.D. Dyachuk M. - Universities of England (Newcastle), senior teacher Zhukokova N. - Universities of Russia (Tyumen).
The results of research-production activities of the Department of Civil Law and Civil Process are reflected both in theoretical and practical spheres. They are also being introduced into the educational process and implemented jointly with municipal and East Kazakhstan regional prosecutor's office, East Kazakhstan Regional Court, East-Kazakhstan Regional Bar Association, the Department of Justice for East Kazakhstan region, various regional institutions and organizations. In this aspect professionalism of the staff experienced in practical areas of jurisprudence, such as the judiciary, notary, advocacy, mediation, makes it possible to demonstrate the results of research and production activities. Thus, senior lecturers annually conduct demonstrative trials in the form of business games with the use of new innovative technologies.
Research activities of the department raise the issues in priority areas of fundamental scientific research in the frames of scientific areas of the departments.
The following projects are implemented:
- The state budget theme of research № 297/2015 "Selection of adapted and highly productive varieties of potato of own and CIS countries selection for the East Kazakhstan region" (economic component) (Doctor of Economics, Professor Kaygorodtsev A.).
- Sociological research on the topic: "Youth crime in Ust-Kamenogorsk: problems, causes, prevention" within the framework of state social order by the department of internal policy of the Ust-Kamenogorsk city akimat. (Doctor of Law, Rakhimberdin K.).
- Section of the consolidated report on the activities of National Preventive Mechanism in the Republic of Kazakhstan "Human Rights in Correctional Institutions of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the RK" (Doctor of Law, Rahimberdin K.).
- Project theme: "Organizational/economic mechanism of ensuring food security in Kazakhstan in conditions of global systemic crisis". The project manager is Doctor of Economics Professor Kaygorodtsev A. the rproject team: Candidates of Economic Sciences, associate professors - Sitnikova E., Kinasheva Zh., Kazhiyeva Zh.., Candidate of Economic Sciences, Head. Department of Economics and Management, - Abylaykhanova Т., Master’s Degree students - Ibraimov B., Akbaev B., Musin R., Khashtaeva A., Bidakhmetova B., students - Kondratiev M., Ulakova R., Kozhakhmetov A., Rashit N.
- Criminological research on the topic: "Resocialization of convicts in the Republic of Kazakhstan" commissioned by the Representative Office of the International Prison Reform in Central Asia. (Doctor of Law, Rahimberdin K.).
- University scientific project on four main clusters of the topic: "Labor Resources of East Kazakhstan region. Condition. Problems. Prospects. " (Doctor of Economic Sciences Professor Kuvandykov A., Doctor of Economic Sciences Professor Kaygorodtsev A., Candidate of Economic Sciences Mukhamedieva A., Candidate of Economic Sciences Sitnikova E., Candidate of Economic Sciences Abylaykhanova T.).
Within the framework of academic mobility, leading specialists and scientists from near and far abroad are invited to the department:
- in 2014 Candidate of Economic Sciences. Pshenko O. (Institute of Management, Arkhangelsk);
- in 2015 - 2017 – Candidate of Law, Associate Professor of the Higher Attestation Commission of Russia Geta M. (Kemerovo State University, Russia);
- in 2015 - Doctor of Economics, Professor Dubina I. (Altai State University, Russia);
- in 2015 - Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor Lepeshkina S. (Altai State University, Russia);
- in 2016 - Doctor of Law, Professor, Dean of the Faculty of Law Myrzalimov R. (Kyrgyz National University named after J. Balasygyn, Kyrgyzstan);
- in 2016 - Dr. PhD Torsten Janus (Wyoming University, USA);
- in 2016 - Doctor of Sociology, Head of the Department of Sociology Abulfaz Suleimenov (University of Uskudar, Turkey);
- in 2017, Dr. Stefanicky Robert (Wroclaw University, Poland).